Wednesday, April 23, 2008

5 AM E-mails? No thank you

This morning I woke up and turned on my phone as usual. Only this morning was a little different. I had 5 new e-mails waiting for me from legitimate companies that I normally want to receive e-mail from, like the Dell Deals, Windows Mobile Newsletter etc. It was quite early when I woke and I looked at the time the e-mails were sent. Most of them were sent between 4 and 5 AM. How ridiculous is that? I know they want you to see the e-mail first thing in the morning, but they have to start realizing that in todays day and age, many people have BlackBerry's and other devices where they get their e-mail. And many of those people have jobs that require them to leave their phone on in case of emergency. So these people are getting woken up 2-3 times a night from the notifications going off about the new e-mails. How hard would it be to send me the e-mail at 9 AM, or at 7 PM?

This is starting to piss me off. I now consider any legitimate e-mails which come anytime between 10 PM and 6 AM to be SPAM!




Digg this story

No comments: